Thursday, February 06, 2014

Still here...

Gosh is it really that long since I last posted?!  Over 3 1/2 years..

Life took on lots of unexpected turns in 2010, including the need for our family to retire a little bit from "public" life and just spend time being family for our own sakes.

I also ended up in quite a different direction personally, on the business front, and decided I wanted to keep my family life well away from my new notoriety in my business life.

I miss blogging though.

Brief update then: We are still home educating, still in Kent, but now in NE Kent instead of NW Kent/border of London.  We are enjoying beach life now, living in a seaside town, and very pleased to be adapting to the slower pace of life.

The "kids" are now 18, 16, 11 and 6 which is a bit of a shock to write down..  The younger two have never tried school and I shall be quite happy if it remains that way.

It does look, by the way, as if our youngest is also somewhere on the autistic spectrum.  I guess at least as he is no3 to be wired that way, I should make fewer parenting mistakes this time *crosses fingers*

Josh is looking for work, Samuel is volunteering in a local charity shop, William is building a social media empire, and Jonathan is trying to do what everyone else is doing.

We only moved at the new year so we haven't yet got involved in the local home ed scene here but there is a big, active network which I'm hoping we will get to grips with in the coming months.  Meantime we are learning to love the area during winter - whilst of course looking ahead with anticipation to warmer days!

No comments: